The Hour of Power is Upon Us!
Get ready to be in front of the pack for next year by training with the Bozeman Triton Triathlon Club Computrainer Rides. Rides will occur Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from January 10th, 2012 – May 5th, 2012. We will stick with the same format as last year:
- Sign up is first come, first serve – we basically have a total of 16 slots
- Once you commit, you will be added to a shared Google document where you can sign up for your slot
- There are 8 slots available for each time
- Make sure you schedule yourself on the Google document; we don’t want to double book anybody
- Make sure you take your name off the Google document in case you need to cancel
- If you want to drop in, you may or may not get a spot!
- Riders can choose Tuesday or Thursday
- These rides last up to an hour
- These rides start promptly at 6pm (make sure to get there before to set up)
- A thorough warm up will be followed with an interval based program to help increase your functional capacity on the bike
- These rides are hosted by a Club member
- Matt Parks will host on most Tuesdays during the program
- We need someone else to host on Thursdays, any takers?
- These rides will include functional assessments of your fitness on the bike – reassessments will occur to see how much you have improved from each training cycle
- Dependent upon the interest, riders may be able to sign up for both days
- A longer-distance ride will occur on Saturday morning
- These rides are not hosted
- In the past, we have seen people ride for 3+ hours
- Start for this ride is 10am
- Assumption is not everyone will want to ride on this day
Remember!!! BTTC members has access to our own Computrainer during regular 4800 Gym class times; this is free and part of your Triton membership; if you are interested in this, please contact Matthew Parks to get added to the Google document for scheduling. If you do not know how to operate the Computrainer, you must get an orientation from one of the BTTC members/coaches (fees may apply).
Cost of the program:
- The BTTC is getting a steal of a deal!
- Option #1: $180 for 17 weeks
- Option #2: $50 for any consecutive 4 week time period
- Matthew Parks is the bill collector for 4800 Gym (check or cash only)
The past couple of years, we have had a strong group of riders from week to week. Dependent upon interest levels, we will expand days, but only if there is enough interest. Although, these are group rides, you will always be working against yourself (we may throw a few races in here and there). You will never be dropped, and you will always be encouraged and motivated to finish to the best of your ability. Make sure you are rested, well hydrated, and ate a good lunch with an afternoon snack the day of the ride. If you have further questions, please contact Matthew Parks at 406 580 7987.
Matthew Parks owns and operates Moving Forward, a local triathlon coaching and sports massage business. He has volunteered with the Tritons for the past several years. He is a USAT Level 1 Certified Coach. With over 17 years of experience, he can assist you with your training program and answer questions you may have.